Dual Purpose Foam Cleaner 500ml
EVERFLEX PU FOAM CLEANER is an aerosol product containing a solvent for cleaning all uncured PU foams.
- Contains separate nozzle, hence may be used to clean both guns and DIY grade nozzles.
- Enables expensive guns to be reused time after time.
Areas for Use
- Cleaning Pu foams from guns and nozzles.
- Cleaning spilt PU foam from surrounding areas.
- Will only clean uncured foam.
- Cured foam must be removed mechanically.
When cleaning spilt/excess foam, ensure surrounding areas are protected with impervious masking tape to prevent attack by the solvents in this product.
The following are recommended tips for cleaning foam in all common situations.
If foam in a gun is allowed to cure, the gun will become completely useless, as no solvent will dissolve PU Foam once cured. The following guidelines are given to avoid unnecessary cost of replacement.
Gun foam may be left attached to a gun for a maximum of 7 days after use. If left for longer, there is a serious risk of the foam curing from the nozzle inwards or propellant leaking out. If foam is left attached to the gun, spray GUN FOAM CLEANER over the outside of the discharge nozzle before storage to remove any residues which may seize up the valve.
- When you have finished using foam on a project, and do not intend to use the gun again within 7 days, remove the foam can (CARE – GLOVES/GOGGLES). When you have read the usage/safety instructions on the can, attach GUN FOAM CLEANER to your gun by screwing the canister onto the gun adapter until it will go no further, taking care not to cross thread or over tighten the canister. Pull the trigger on the gun to release the solvent into the gun barrel and discharge the solvent into a suitable container for disposal. Only stop discharging the cleaner when the solution being ejected from the gun is completely clear. Leave the GUN FOAM CLEANER attached to the gun for 5 minutes to allow the solvent in the gun to work on the residues inside. Pull the trigger once again until only clear solvent emerges. Leave for a further 5 minutes and repeat this process 2 or 3 times until the gun is completely clear.
The following directions will also help prolong the life of your Gun.
- i. When replacing empty foam can with a full one, always clean the threaded adapter ring on the gun with GUN FOAM CLEANER.
- ii. Never dismantle a gun.
- iii. Never try to clean a gun with water. This will cure the foam instantly and leave the gun useless.
- iv. When using DIY grades, attach free red nozzle to foam cleaner and squirt
- v. Foam down plastic nozzle until clean.
Use Foam cleaner to clean up spilled foam immediately. Check compatibility with surfaces in question before use.
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store in cool dry conditions between + 5’C and 25’C.