Instant Nails Solvent Free Grab Adhesive 310ml White
- Product DescriptionEVERBUILD INSTANT NAILS is a high strength solvent free gap filling adhesive that provides a quick “grab” and replaces mechanical fixings in a multitude of Home Improvement applications, both internally and externally. The product has exceptionally quick drying properties for a solvent free adhesive achieving over 50% of its ultimate bond strength in one hour. INSTANT NAILS dries white and is overpaintable when dry.
- Solvent free – environmentally friendly formulation
- Excellent adhesion/bond strength – adheres to most common surfaces -QUICKLY
- Good early grab properties – usable in both vertical and horizontal positions.
- Dries white
- Will adhere to damp surfaces.
- Water clean up – no hazardous solvents.
Areas For Use
- Sticking wood, metal, PVC , most plastics, glass, aluminium, concrete, render, stone, paper, cork, ceramics plaster/plasterboard, rockwool, Pufoam board, Styrofoam, breezeblock etc
- Bonding dado rails, architrave’s and skirting
- Fixing wall cladding direct to internal wall surfaces or timber battens.
- Fixing battens directly onto walls without fastenings.
- Bonding carpet gripper systems to most floors without the need for nails or tacks.
- Bonding stair nosing to concrete or wooden stairs.
- Securing aluminium or other skin panels to the framework or portable industrial buildings and caravans.
- At least one surface must be porous.
- When used externally, protect from rain until cured.
- In damp, cold or humid conditions, curing time may be significantly extended.
- Do not use in permanently damp/wet conditions.
- Do not in situations where both surfaces are non -porous (eg plastic/plastic – metal/metal) – use GUN A NAIL EXTRA.
- Do not use as a mirror adhesive: use EVERBUILD POLYMER MS.
The surfaces to be glued should be clean and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Wood, plaster and brick may be damp but not running wet (NOTE This will slow down the drying time). Use mechanical abrasion to clean porous surfaces if necessary before application.
- Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc. At least one surface must be porous.
- Prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suite the required bead size.
- For bonding heavy items (Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.
- With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
- For bonding lightweight items (covings, dado rails, skirting etc) apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place.
- Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
- In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a damp cloth.
Form White thixotropic paste (ready to use) Viscosity 3000 +/- 1000 cPs (Brookfield Sp70, 10rpm) (low) Coverage 300ml will cover 11 linear metres (6mm bead) Solids 75-80% Cure Initial: 30 mins. Final: 24-48 hours (dep on substrate) Specific Gravity 1.44 g/cm³ Flash Point None (solvent free) Open Time Max 10 mins at 23°C and 50% R.H Application Temp +4 to +35°C Durability Up to 15 years when used as recommended
BOND STRENGTH 30 MINS (N/mm²)
BOND STRENGTH 60 MINS (N/mm²)
BOND STRENGTH 24 HRS (N/mm²)
Leading Brand (solvent free)
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards.
Store in cool dry conditions between + 15°C and 20°C