EXTRA TIME CONTACT ADHESIVE 750ml
- Product DescriptionSTICK 2 EXTRA TIME CONTACT ADHESIVE is a neoprene, amber coloured, high performance contact adhesive with non – drip properties for vertical fixings. The thixotropic nature of this product permits “slideability”, which allows 1-2 minutes for small adjustments after bring two surfaces together, provided that both of the surfaces are touch try and brought together gently. Due to the gel like nature of the product it does not spill, therefore reducing mess that can arise in using ordinary contact adhesive
- Flow resistant gel structure – ideal for use on vertical surfaces and soffits.
- Has a unique ability to slide for accurate repositioning.
- Thick consistency does not spill-hence reduces the mess related to normal contact adhesive use.
- Exceptional bond strength – out performs conventional wood glues.
- Excellent weathering and ageing properties.
Areas for Use
- Joinery applications. Bonds all woods /composite board etc.
- Fixing common laminate materials (laminate plastics & rigid PVC).
- Bonding PU foam or mineral wool panels to plasterboard.
- Bonding metals to most surfaces (Hardboard, plaster & Plasterboard).
- Bonds rubber, most plastics, polyester and leather.
- Bonding uPVC and ABS.
- Use on soft (plasticised) PVC.
- Do not use on polystyrene
- Do not use on cellulose painted surfaces
- Do not use on bitumen or tar leaching products.
- Do not stir the product before use this will break down the gel structure.
The surfaces to be glued should be clean and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Materials should be stored in a warm environment prior to bonding to avoid chilling of the glue line, which leads to extended setting times. On very absorbent surfaces, such as plywood, hardboard & plasterboard, a primer coat of adhesive may be required.
Three methods are recommended:
(i) Two -way dry stick
An even film of adhesive is applied to both surfaces using a serrated scraper. When the surfaces become touch-dry, i.e. adhesive no longer transfers to the finger tips, bond the material under firm pressure to ensure that complete coalescence of the two adhesive layers is achieved. A nip or hand roller will give the best results Full bond strength however will only be achieved after 24 – 48 hours. One of the advantages of this product is the “slide ability” which allows small adjustments to normal sized sheets of laminate provided that both surfaces are “touch dry” and brought together gently. Bonding must take place within 25 minutes of the surfaces being coated.
(ii) Two – way semi wet stick.
Adhesive is applied to one surface and allowed to dry completely (even overnight). The other surface is then coated and the bond made whilst there is still some solvent in the film.
This will allow for some slight adjustment although this method should only be used when one of the surfaces is porous.
(iii) Heat activation
Both surfaces are coated and allowed to dry completely. They are then placed under an infra-red lamp and heat activated until the temperature of the film reaches 70oC. The films should then be joined under firm pressure.
In all cases, the newly bonded material should not be subjected to extreme temperature changes for 3 to 4 days after bonding. Avoid further fabrication until the adhesive has fully cured.
Colour Brown Base Polychloroprene Solids 22 +/- 1% Viscosity >15000cP Coverage 0.8 mtr per litre Tack Life 10-15 minutes Flash Point -30°C Cleaner White spirits
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store in original unopened containers between 4 and 25oC. Reseal immediately once used.