Timber & Laminate Sealant C3 Mahogany
- Product DescriptionTimber and Laminate Sealant, formulated from high performance acrylic polymer, is an advanced flexible sealant and gap filler, designed for sealing around timber, laminates and melamine coated board in flooring and furniture applications. Formulated using high clarity lightfast colour pigments, the colour range offers a near to exact match to most popular laminate floor, fitted furniture and melamine board finishes to give the perfect finish for installing floors, kitchens and furniture.Benefits
- Permanently flexible/durable polymer rich formula.
- Large colour range gives near/exact match to most common fitted furniture, laminate floor and kitchen worktop colour schemes.
- Silicone and solvent free – low odour.
- Contains a fungicide to prevent mold growth.
- Adheres to most common substrates.
- Non hazardous formula – water clean up.
- May be painted, varnished or stained once cured.
- Easy to apply and tool.
- 20 years life expectancy.
- Certified for interior use as a sealant under the harmonized European standard EN15651 complying with the Construction Product Directive.
Areas For Use
- Sealing around the perimeter of all types of laminate and hardwood flooring; provides a flexible decorative seal that accommodates the natural movement of wood.
- Ideals for sealing around awkward protrusions such as radiator pipes, door stops and timber thresholds.
- For daughtproofing around timber flooring to provide an effective dust and airtight seal.
- For sealing around all types of fitted furniture i.e. bedroom fittings, laminate worktops etc. Ideal for sealing between the wall and fitted furniture to hide unsightly gaps.
- Sealing internally around hardwood and softwood joinery components such as door frames.
- Ideal for internal woodstained finishes.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt.
- For internal use only.
- Not for use in joints subject to load bearing stress, or severe temperatures in excess of 75’C.
- Note: The clear version of this product is milky white when applied but at normal temperatures will dry crystal clear in some 3 days (depending on depth)
- Do not use in flooring applications where the sealant will be susceptible to foot traffic.
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please phone technical services department for advice.
Ensure surfaces to be sealed are sound, clean and dry.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45° with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth the sealant down using a wetted spatula, piece of wood or finger. Any mistakes can be rectified by removing sealant with a damp sponge or cloth before re-applying. If overpainting or staining, allow to cure first.(full cure 24-48 hours at normal temperatures).
Movement Accommodation + or – 12.5% Skinning Time 30 mins @ 20°C Cure Time 2mm per 24 hours Specific Gravity 1.05 Flashpoint None Service Temperature Resistance -15 to +70°C Application Temperature +2 to +30°C Cleaning Uncured sealant: warm water Minimum Joint Width 3mm Maximum Joint Width 40mm Joint Ratio Maximum depth 70% of joint width Elongation At Break >400% to ISO8339 Paintability Excellent with most paints, varnishes or stains once fully cured. Coverage @ 10 linear metres for a 9mm x 9mm fillet joint.
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store in cool dry conditions and protect from frost.