Mirror and Glass Adhesive Silicone Sealant White 310ml
- Product DescriptionEVERFLEX MIRROR MATE is a one part, chemically curing solvent free adhesive combining the best qualities of silicone and polyurethane sealants. It is specifically designed for adhering most common mirrors to all common substrates without attacking the backing. In addition, this product has numerous other uses as an adhesive in and around the home.
- Totally neutral cure adhesive system – will not attack mirror backings
- Will even stick to damp surfaces.
- Excellent primerless adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, Perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc.
- Non Hazardous preparation – unlike typical solvent based alternatives.
- Overpaintable with most water and gloss based paints.
- Highly resistant to mildew and mould growth.
- Fast curing – tack free in 10 minutes and fully cured in 24-48 hours.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Many other uses – see below.
Areas For Use
- Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
- Automotive gap filling and sealing
- Jointing cladding panels.
- As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
- Bonding difficult materials such as specialised polymer systems, metals and fibreglass
- Any application requiring high performance, durable bonding of joints.
- Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required (garage forecourts etc).
- When fixing mirrors, always provide temporary support until the adhesive has dried (24 hours).
- Use in conjunction with mechanical fixings for large mirrors.
- Use on overhead mirrors – Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
- Not for use where joints are constantly immersed in water, or as part of a structural glazing system.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use AQUA MATE
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHER MATE
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework. Priming is advised or use SILICONE 450.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- Yellowing can occur in the dark
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut aperture to required width and apply with a standard sealant gun.
- Fixing mirrorsApply 6mm diameter beads of adhesive direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centers. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours). If required, MIRROR MATE may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing.
As a nail replacement (panel) adhesive.
- Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc.
- Prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suite the required bead size.
- For bonding heavy items (Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.
With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
- For bonding lightweight items (covings, dado rails, skirting etc) apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place.
- Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
- In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a damp cloth.
Skinning Time 10 mins @ 20°C Cure Time 2-3mm per 24 hours Hardness Shore A 35-40 Elongation @ Break >60% Service Temp Resistance -40 to +150°C Application Temp Resistance +5 to +30°C Staining Of Substrate Nil Overpaintability Overpaintable Specific Gravity 1.00 Cleaning Uncured adhesive: white spirit
Cured adhesive: Silicone Eater
Max Joint Width 25mm Coverage 10 linear metres per tube (approx)
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards.
Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C