Roof & Gutter Sealant C3 Black
A premium quality butyl rubber based sealant and adhesive that provides instant, permanent weather proofing to a wide variety of roofing applications. Adheres to most common roofing materials such as bitumen, asphalt, felt, metals and wood.
- Incorporates polymer additives to improve adhesion
- Can be applied in wet conditions, even under heavy rain.
- Semi drying – remains permanently elastic beneath surface skin.
- High solids formulation – excellent gap filling properties without shrinkage.
- Excellent external weathering properties.
Areas for Use
- Fills and seals gaps/cracks in most roofing applications.
- Bonds to: concrete, roofing felt, lead, zinc, steel and masonry.
- For bedding tiles, slates and flashing into position.
- Joint sealing on gutters and down pipes.
- Sticking down loose roofing felt.
- Joint sealing between corrugated asbestos cement and iron sheeting etc.
- Do not use on glass
- Do not use on white upvc
- Do not use internally
- Although product forms a surface skin, Roof & Gutter will always be tacky to the touch. Do not use in applications where physical surface contact is likely.
The surfaces to be must be clean, and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. New concrete or mortar should be allowed adequate time to dry and mature. May be applied to wet surfaces.
For lap joints, apply sufficient sealant to bridge the gap and press surfaces together while still tacky leaving a minimum 2 mm sealant film.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood wetted with linseed oil or white spirits. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application. When using as an adhesive, press surfaces together, pull apart and wait for approx. 10 minutes until sealant becomes tacky., then press together and apply even pressure. Clean tools in turps or white spirits.
|Form||Ready to use thixotropic paste, black in colour|
|Skin Formation Time||Up to 7 days depending on ambient temperature and conditions.|
|Application Temp. Range||+2°C to +40°C|
|Service Temp. Range||-15°C to +75°C|
|Shelf Life||Use within 2 years of date of manufacture|
|Compatibility||Can be used in contact with most building materials|
|Limitations||Slight crazing of the surface may occur on the exposed surface in direct sunlight, the bulk of the sealant will remain pliable.Do not use in constant water immersion situations|
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store in original unopened containers between 15 and 20oC, away from sources of ignition.